When buying goods, you must have come across a box with silica gel in it.
It is used to protect the product from moisture and spoilage if it is a food. Silica gel can absorb moisture to keep the product dry.
When we see this thing on a product box, many of us first reaction is to throw it away. Silica gel is considered obsolete, even though there are many other uses.
There are at least 10 benefits that can be obtained from the silica gel. But keep in mind that this thing is not to be eaten.
If you’re curious about the benefits, here’s a complete list of 10. Can be used to prevent items from rusting to keep books durable and legible.
Also read: 10 Types of Unusual and Hard to Believe Phobias
1. Carpentry toolbox is very prone to rust, gel can help prevent that from happening
2. Cellphones that are exposed to water can also be treated without rice, how to put the cellphone and gel in a plastic bag for 24-48 hours
3. In addition to the tool box, it can also prevent moisture in the bag grooming. For that, don’t be in a hurry to throw it away
4. One of the reasons why razors are not sharp anymore is moisture, so just pair them with gel in the storage area
5. Put it in a sports bag that is prone to moisture because if you leave it alone, bacteria and fungi can arise
6. To make a memory box that keeps the memories intact, store the gel in it. Memories will last forever
7. Crackers, bread or other foods can be protected from moisture by placing them in the food cupboard
8. Can help silver jewelry stay dry so that moisture stains won’t contaminate jewelry
9. It’s also good for photographers, you know, keep the camera from getting moldy. Just put it in your camera pocket, okay?
10. Apart from the camera, books also need to be dry so they don’t get damaged or turn yellow. Just put it in the bookcase
Also read: Don’t Throw It Out First, 10 Benefits of Wood Ash for Daily Life
Those are 10 uses of silica gel that can be used for many storage areas. It doesn’t have to be expensive to keep things durable.