For those of you who follow floor gymnastics, you know what handspring is? One of these gymnastic movements translated into Indonesian means lethargic hands.
This movement combines the movement of hovering and bouncing the body with a focus on the hands.
This movement is painstakingly easy if practiced, but there are many tutorials that give an idea of how to do it properly.
One of them is the pigmie youtube channel that shares tricks and tips on how to do handspring properly and not get hurt.
But keep in mind, for beginners can practice on a soft base first. So that this gymnastics movement does not hurt your body.
In addition, you also have to warm up first so that your feet and hands are not stiff.
If you are a beginner, it is highly recommended to do handspring under supervision so that unwanted injuries will not occur.
Also read: Rarely Known, 5 Functions of Moisturizer for Skin
1. Position the body by standing first, take a few steps to start. Start by running and jumping forward
2. Position your hands forward as a sign that you will use your hands as a support and your feet ready
3. Prepare the hands as a base while preparing the feet to be lifted. Use the jumping momentum to do it
4. Use your hands as a focus and bounce your feet up until your feet are lifted
5. Continue to stretch your arms and prepare the feet above for landing
6. If your feet have landed, now is the time to let go of your hands and balance it so you don’t fall
7. There are two versions of the landing, there is a standing and there is also a squat position. Prepare your hands in a straight position and return to the starting position
Also read: 8 Ways to Shrink a Flat Stomach Quickly and Easily
Those are 7 steps how to do handspring. There are several ways to start and end, some are standing and some are squatting.
If you can’t, you can learn Kayang first before it is accompanied by jumping and bouncing body parts.