The moment of waiting for the baby is the most stressful moment for parents. Especially new parents who are inexperienced, pregnant women will be wary and careful about many things.
Not only about food, but also prohibitions and things that must be done circulating in the community.
There are so many myths about taboos and recommendations during pregnancy circulating in the community.
For example, have you heard that if a woman is pregnant, the husband should not kill animals or when pregnant he should not eat this and that.
Not only in Indonesia, in some countries there are also myths during pregnancy like that that are spread in the community.
Do’s and don’ts during pregnancy also come in various forms and these are 10 myths of prohibition and recommendation in some countries. Some people are forbidden to rub their stomachs, you know.
Also read: Stay Awake, 10 Ways to Improve Mental Health
1. If you want to have a handsome child, you have to eat interesting food first. For example, eat the middle of the kimbap first then the outside
2. Before giving birth, pregnant women are recommended to eat lotus buds so that the birth is smooth like a blooming lotus bud
3. In the Philippines, it is recommended to eat raw eggs first so that the delivery is smooth and the birth canal is lubricated
4. In China there is a prohibition against rubbing the stomach during pregnancy. This is believed to prevent children from being spoiled or fussy
5. In Turkey, it is recommended not to eat fish so that children are not born like the snout of a fish. And don’t eat ice cream so that the child is not born with a hole in the head
6. If in America there is a recommendation not to eat raw fish, it is different in Japan which is highly recommended to eat raw fish
7. It is different in Bulgaria, which prohibits eating rabbit meat because it is believed that the child will sleep with his eyes open
8. In India it is highly recommended to wear bracelets on seven monthly events or valaikaapu. The sound of the bracelet is believed to stimulate the senses and brain activity
9. If in Mexico it is forbidden to eat eggs because it is believed to make children have a bad smell
10. In the Philippines, pregnant women are prohibited from stepping over the hammock because it can make the child lazy
Also read: 4 Facts about Retinol, a Skincare Product that Makes You Look Younger
Very unique, the prohibitions and recommendations in various countries in the world. There are forbidden to eat fish until eggs or stroking the stomach. In your area, are there similar restrictions and recommendations?