Term gap year Not a common tradition in Indonesia, many high school or vocational high school students go straight to college or work after education.
even though gap year This is very trendy abroad, where high school or vocational students stop for a moment to seek experience as a volunteer or travel around various countries before continuing on to a more mature level.
gap year sometimes get a negative view because many think this year’s leave is not doing anything or being lazy.
Even though this has many positive things that can be done so that it can be a means of self-preparation before becoming a more mature person.
In addition, it also helps provide insight into life and the future.
To know more about gap year, Here are 10 things you need to know.
Also read: It’s not easy to get sick, 6 tips to stay healthy
1. Gap year means postponing college for a year to seek experiences that cannot be obtained during school
2. This can be done to refresh the mind to be wiser in making decisions to study or work
3. The period of time that is carried out is not only a year, it can be a month, six months or more, but you must still have a target, right?
4. It doesn’t mean being unemployed, this ‘rest’ period can be done by pursuing the dream of traveling abroad, doing internships, making films or books and so on.
5. By giving time before going to college, you can give a new perspective so that it is wiser to choose the right major
6. In addition, new abilities can be obtained which is a good time to get out of your comfort zone
7. By doing what you love, passion will be formed so you can focus on pursuing what you like
8. Can have time to prepare for college exams so there is a high possibility of getting a full scholarship or even studying abroad
9. But you have to be ready financially because there are many costs that must be incurred even though there is no definite income yet
10. Besides that, you have to be mentally tough because in Indonesia it is still taboo, many people still think they are lazy
Also read: It turns out that these 10 things can interfere with your sleep quality, what are they?
Those are 10 things to think about before taking gap year. Plan well so that it’s not just a place to laze around doing nothing.